Careers at Interius
Interius BioTherapeutics is a preclinical stage gene therapy company developing new methods for in vivo cell engineering that will establish a disruptive therapeutic platform with multi-product potential. The company was founded based on inventions from the laboratory of Dr. Saar Gill, a leading physician-scientist in the fields of cell and gene therapy at the Center for Cellular Immunotherapies at the University of Pennsylvania. Interius BioTherapeutics is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA.
Interius BioTherapeutics is seeking a Sr. Scientist to join the team responsible for process development, scale-up and technology transfer of viral vectors, and/or cell therapy products within the Viral Vector Process Development group. Working independently and/or in conjunction with appropriate teams, the ideal candidate will define the scientific strategy to support various program/project needs. The position is full-time, offers excellent benefits and is based in Philadelphia, PA
- Independently lead, design and perform development and characterization in support of upstream process development of viral vectors.
- Provide direct or matrix leadership and support people development.
- Drive innovation for viral vector process development including scientific publications/presentations, IP, and evaluation of new technologies.
- Author and review documents for regulatory filings (IND, IMPD, BLA, MAA) and internal purposes.
- Design experiments and provide relevant data to support responses for regulatory agencies.
- Create an environment of scientific excellence and advancement, including knowledge of current landscape and external engagement with CMOs and other industrial partners.
- PhD in Biochemical Engineering or Chemical Engineering or a related field with at least 5 years of relevant experience is required OR MS with at least 8-10 years of relevant experience OR a BS with at least 12 years of relevant experience is required.
- Demonstrated competency and experience with viral vectors upstream production and development of manufacturing processes suitable for GMP production is required.
- Experience developing procedures and transferring of the processes to cGMP facilities is required.
- Effective communication skills, collaborative skills and demonstrated leadership in providing integration of activities and delivering information across multifunctional groups is required.
- Prior demonstration of leadership skills (direct or matrix) and/or people development is required.
- Experience with developing/evaluating new technologies and new platforms to generate new research ideas and initiatives to build intellectual capabilities is preferred.
- Experience with authoring and reviewing regulatory filings (IND, IMPD, BLA, MAA) is preferred.
- Vaccinated against SARS-CoV2.
If interested, please, send CV/resume to email@example.com.
Interius BioTherapeutics is a community of individuals, building together an organization celebrating an inclusive culture, guided by excellence, dignity and respect. Interius is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other basis, protected by law.