Careers at Interius
Interius BioTherapeutics is a preclinical stage gene therapy company developing new methods for in vivo cell engineering that will establish a disruptive therapeutic platform with multi-product potential. The company was founded based on inventions from the laboratory of Dr. Saar Gill, a leading physician- scientist in the fields of cell and gene therapy at the Center for Cellular Immunotherapies at the University of Pennsylvania. Interius BioTherapeutics is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA.
Interius BioTherapeutics is seeking a Research Associate to join the team responsible for process development and scale-up of viral vectors, and/or cell therapy products within the Viral Vector Process Development group.
The successful candidate will be able to handle working on several projects at a time. The RA will be a critical part of the R&D team, able to follow research protocols and standard operating protocols (SOPs) with precision and consistency. The successful candidate will conduct daily experiments independently and in collaboration with other members of the scientific team and thrive in a rapidly evolving research environment. He or She will be comfortable with interactions across different roles and levels in the organization, be a quick learner, detail-oriented, multi-tasker, self-reliant, problem-solver with utmost integrity, and excellent interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will be expected to establish mutual respect and trust when representing the company and its values both internally and to external stakeholders. The position is full-time, offers excellent benefits, and is based in Philadelphia, PA.
Responsibilities Include but Are Not Limited to:
- Participate in the design and execution of downstream process development experiments and optimize the process steps to appropriate scale.
- Design and execute development studies to identify and determine ranges of critical process parameters for viral vector production and purification.
- Develop scale up/scale down models for all major downstream purification step.
- Record and analyze experimental data, verify data for integrity and accuracy, and report/summarize findings to the project team.
- Draft technical documents and perform technology transfer to collaborating partners including GMP manufacturing facilities.
- Working in a team/matrix environment as well as contributing individually to meet project timeline and objectives.
- Occasional weekend work may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Science or Engineering with at least 2-3 years of experience with virus purification OR a master’s degree in Biological Science or Engineering with relevant experience in downstream purification of viruses/viral vectors is required.
- Experienced in all stages of downstream purification – Clarification/pre filtration, Microfiltration/Ultrafiltration, Tangential flow filtration systems, Membrane and Resin Chromatography for viruses/vaccines or other large molecules is required.
- Experience in the following areas is preferred: upstream processing steps and analytical assays.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage/pursue multiple projects with some supervision is required.
- Experience in maintaining scientific/laboratory notebooks, drafting technical reports and protocols is required.
- Data reporting, ability to present findings to management in a coherent manner under tight timelines, and experience with team-based collaborations is required.
- Experience in transferring process technologies to GMP manufacturing facilities is desirable.
- Vaccinated against SARS-CoV2.
If interested, please, send CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interius BioTherapeutics is a community of individuals, building together an organization celebrating an inclusive culture, guided by excellence, dignity and respect. Interius is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other basis, protected by law.