Careers at Interius
Interius BioTherapeutics is a preclinical stage gene therapy company developing new methods for in vivo cell engineering that will establish a disruptive therapeutic platform with multi-product potential. The company was founded based on inventions from the laboratory of Dr. Saar Gill, a leading physician- scientist in the fields of cell and gene therapy at the Center for Cellular Immunotherapies at the University of Pennsylvania. Interius BioTherapeutics is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA.
Interius BioTherapeutics is seeking a Research Assistant to join the team responsible for process development and scale-up of viral vectors, and/or cell therapy products within the Viral Vector Process Development group.
The successful candidate will be able to handle working on several projects at a time. The RA will be a critical part of the R&D team, able to follow research protocols and standard operating protocols (SOPs) with precision and consistency. The successful candidate will conduct daily experiments independently and in collaboration with other members of the scientific team and thrive in a rapidly evolving research environment. He or She will be comfortable with interactions across different roles and levels in the organization, be a quick learner, detail-oriented, multi-tasker, self-reliant, problem-solver with utmost integrity, and excellent interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will be expected to establish mutual respect and trust when representing the company and its values both internally and to external stakeholders. The position is full-time, offers excellent benefits, and is based in Philadelphia, PA.
Responsibilities Include but Are Not Limited to:
- Maintenance and passaging of cell lines, monitoring of cell culture, and keeping thorough record of cell culture parameters.
- Planning of experiment logistics including scheduling, raw materials, media/buffers, and other consumables/reagents.
- Bioreactor setup, bioreactor inoculations, sampling and monitoring, and disassembly/disposal.
- Executing experiments, collecting and analysis of samples as needed.
- Performing side studies related to process development and optimization or characterization, technology evaluation, and other cell culture-related activities.
- Responsible for data collection, management, integrity, and accuracy. Analyze and present data in professional format.
- Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication.
- Occasional weekend work might be required.
- A minimum of a B.S. degree in Biological Sciences or Engineering is required.
- Knowledge of cell culture and aseptic techniques in biosafety cabinets is required.
- Knowledge of cell culture expansion using flasks, single-use vessels and bioreactors is preferred.
- Experience with usage of analytical instruments such as cell counters and measurements of metabolites is preferred.
- Understanding of cell culture parameters in general (growth rate, viable cell density, cell viability, population doubling, metabolites, etc.) is preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Vaccinated against SARS-CoV2.
If interested, please, send CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interius BioTherapeutics is a community of individuals, building together an organization celebrating an inclusive culture, guided by excellence, dignity and respect. Interius is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other basis, protected by law.