Director, Analytical Method Development and Testing
Interius BioTherapeutics is a preclinical stage gene therapy company developing new methods for in vivo cell engineering that will establish a disruptive therapeutic platform with multi-product potential. The company was founded based on inventions from the laboratory of Dr. Saar Gill, a leading physician- scientist in the fields of cell and gene therapy at the Center for Cellular Immunotherapies at the University of Pennsylvania. Interius BioTherapeutics is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA.
Interius BioTherapeutics is seeking an experienced Director of Analytical Development and Testing to build and lead a team responsible for analytical method development and implementation to support process development efforts, vector engineering efforts, and vector release and characterization testing designed to support Interius BioTherapeutics’ developing pipeline of recombinant lentivirus candidates. Working independently and/or in conjunction with appropriate teams, the ideal candidate will define the scientific strategy to support various program/project needs. The position requires strong interpersonal skills, effective management skills, strong technical skills, and collaborative abilities. The position is full- time, offers excellent benefits and is based in Philadelphia, PA.
The primary responsibility of the Director of Analytical Development and Testing is to lead the design, development and implementation of analytical methods (cell-based, molecular, immuno, biophysical/biochemical) to enable the manufacture, testing, release and characterization of viral vectors and gene/cell therapy products.
- Provide direct leadership to the group and support staff development.
- Drive innovation of analytical development including novel analytical methods, scientific
publications/presentations, IP, and evaluation of new technologies.
- Foster a spirit of collaboration and work closely with R&D and preclinical teams to identify and develop relevant assays suitable for different stages of product development (research/preclinical, clinical etc.)
- Present scientific results in a variety of settings, both formal and informal, within and outside the company.
- Author, review and approve assay protocols, tech reports, qualification/validation protocols.
- Assist in the development and oversight of departmental budgets.
- PhD in virology, immunology, biochemistry, biological science, or related discipline with at least 8 years of relevant experience OR MS with at least 12 years of relevant experience OR a BS with at least 15 years of relevant experience is required.
- Demonstrated competency and experience with development of assays to support viral vectors/vaccines characterization is required.
- Experience with cell-based potency assays, titration assays, flow cytometry, PCR/qPCR/ddPCR, ELISA and other molecular and biochemical/biophysical techniques is required.
- Experience with assay qualification a requirement, assay validation a plus.
- Direct supervisory experience of technical staff providing guidance, mentorship and support to
achieve goals and meet timelines.
- Strong analytical problem solving, planning and organizational skills are required.
- Effective communication skills, collaborative skills and demonstrated leadership in providing
integration of activities and delivering information across multifunctional groups is required.
- Prior demonstration of leadership skills (direct or matrix) and/or people development is required.
- Experience developing procedures and transferring of the assay methods to internal/external
testing laboratories is preferred.
- Experience with developing/evaluating new technologies and new platforms to generate new
research ideas and initiatives to build intellectual capabilities is preferred.
- Vaccinated against SARS-CoV2.
If interested, please, send CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interius BioTherapeutics is a community of individuals, building together an organization celebrating an inclusive culture, guided by excellence, dignity and respect. Interius is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other basis, protected by law.